Coaching the Genuine Contact Way (Self-Study Program)
Genuine Contact offers a holistic container that can strengthen your coaching processes and outcomes no matter what coaching methods you prefer to use. In this half-day online workshop, you will learn 3 simple tools for:
- Co-creating a coaching container that already empowers the client to take leadership in their work with you.
- Customizing your coaching program to best support the client in achieving their development goal with the Six Level Evolutionary Spiral.
- Regaining and regenerating personal balance through the four dimensions of personal wellbeing.
Whether you are new to coaching or have been a coach for some time, you will be able to begin using these tools immediately in your coaching processes. The tools are beneficial for use in coaching whether coaching is your profession or you are a leader within an organization coaching employees in achieving their goals.
Conscious Project Design using the Medicine Wheel Tool (Self-Study Program)
Starting a new project – whether in life or business – is always exciting. There’s something about the idea of transforming thoughts into reality that makes us want to do things differently, more effectively than we have done in projects before. I’ve learned that using the Medicine Wheel Tool is pivotal in getting ready for what’s on the way. And the more conscious you are about what you truly want to achieve, the easier it is to plan ahead.
You’ll leave this workshop, originally recorded in January 2020, with:
- a clear sense of what your intention is for your project that is starting and why knowing the difference between the purpose for your project and your intention for the purpose of this project can make all the difference in feeling successful
- a simple and profound holistic framework for your project that will ensure you’ve considered it from every angle
- a workbook that will allow you to replicate the experience for any other project
This workshop, based on the Genuine Contact Program can be used for your own work and also, in helping others design their own projects in a conscious and holistic way.
Creating a Culture of Leadership in Communities (Self-Study Program)
What is needed to create a culture of leadership in a community, an association, or a network where people work voluntarily for a common interest? A culture of leadership is a culture where the leadership for taking initiatives and achieving results is shared among many, such as in neighborhood organizations, climate actions, sports clubs, or the church.
Voluntary organizations often engage a lot of people when they begin as a movement or as an answer to a need in the community. When the start-up phase is done, the organization is established and a steering committee is elected, it seems as if other members don´t think they are needed any longer. This leaves a small group of people to carry out the necessary tasks to keep the organization alive and so the members can still enjoy the benefits.
In this workshop, we discuss what you, as part of a steering committee or board, could do to keep the vibrant life in a new organization over time. You will also learn how you can support a dormant organization to be the bustling meeting place it was in the beginning. The organization you support could be a political party, a sports association, an economic association, a choir, a parents’ group, or any other organization, that depends only on engaged people doing the work for the benefit of all members.
You will leave this self-study workshop with:
- Knowledge about a culture of leadership and how it can support engagement in voluntary organizations
- Key elements to work with
- Some first steps to re-create engagement and passion
- Pitfalls to watch out for
Leading an organization based only on voluntary work requires a somewhat different perspective than working with employed people. The main difference is that you can only count on their passion and spare time to get the work down, and this makes self-organization and shared responsibility keys to success.
Developing a Roadmap for Working with Ongoing Grief (Self-Study)
“People have emotions, also at work”
Grief is an inevitable part of life, it accompanies us whenever there is change, large or small, good or bad. It is part of our amazing human pallet of emotions that guide how humans navigate life. Often, people avoid talking or sharing about grief, especially in organizations. This relegates grief to the realm of the personal. By keeping it silent, it finds its way into other areas, pulling people away from genuine contact with themselves, with others, with their organizations, and with their communities. This is a shame since beyond grief is often new beginnings and new energy. By not working with grief, we also deny the opportunity for the transformation that follows.
During this workshop, we will offer you ways to learn about and work with grief by using the simple framework from the Genuine Contact Program. We will use it as a doorway into the varied world that grief inhabits so that it is possible to learn to work with it as the important gift that it is in living and working as a whole person.
During the workshop, we will
- Learn to use the grief cycle diagram to develop a multi-dimensional sense of grief and how it manifests
- Deepen your understanding of the varied ways grief can show up so that you can develop life-nurturing ways to work with it
- Recognize the varied expressions of each stage of grief in yourself, others and organizations
- Learn how to work with grief as an ally for change and transformation
In this self-study program, learn a new way to work with and speak about grief as an ally in the development of yourself and your organization.
Evaluating Impacts for Improved Results
Online Workshop | February 3, 2021 | 9 am – 12:30 pm EST / 15:00 – 18:30 CET (also available for self-study)
With this workshop, you as a leader and/or facilitator will get an understanding of how to evaluate impacts from change efforts such as trainings or workshops and how that improves results. We share a simple framework and tools for how to put it to practice in easy and life-nurturing ways.
In this workshop, you will
- Learn about the benefits of measuring impacts from development work in organizations
- Learn about the framework Kirkpatrick 4 levels and how it can be used the Genuine Contact way for measuring impacts of a development process
- Learn to use this approach in a holistic way – before, during, and after the intervention
- Understand how this practice increases the ROE (return on expectations)
- Hear stories of how we have successfully used the method in different organizations
- Get an opportunity to reflect on your next steps
This is a highly experiential workshop where you will have opportunities to connect your learning to your unique situation and share together with others.
I have used this approach to measure impacts in 100’s of development activities over the last 15 years. I find it contributes to clarity in preparations with my sponsor, great reflections, and learning with participants and sponsors both after a training/workshop as well as in follow up meetings later. It’s like getting a specified receipt when you buy something – you know what you got.
Join us learning about measuring impacts to increase results!
Five to Fold Decision Making (Self-Study Program)
This workshop gives you a profound experience as well as the information you need to start using Five to Fold decision making (5toFold) right away.
5toFold is a collaborative decision making process, specifically suitable for purpose-centered organizations and teams. It ensures high quality conversations with all voices being heard. At the same time it is clearly structured and efficient. The result is real commitment by those participating in a decision. At times it may result in well-founded disagreement, which allows for the reworking of proposals until they are in alignment with the group’s purpose.
5toFold is an effective and powerful way for both: major, complex decisions as well as fast day-to-day voting. 5toFold fosters the development of trust and individual responsibility. With each decision being made, alignment with both individual and organizational purpose is strengthened.
5toFold is chosen by organizations that are conscious of themselves as living entities. The process honors each individual as a keeper of the organizational purpose, and fosters a culture of leadership. 5toFold invites participants to engage fully in each decision, and provides the organization with in-depth information that improves the implementation of each decision.
In this workshop you will
- Learn: “What is 5toFold and what does it provide that other decision making processes don’t?”
- Understand the voting process of 5toFold, the meaning of each alternative vote: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Fold, and the benefit of these distinctions.
- Learn how to use 5toFold via theoretical and experiential learning: We will go through a full 5toFold process during the workshop (real time participation recommended).
- Identify key benefits of using the method, including when to use it and when not to use it.
- Understand how this practice ensures that decisions are actually executed upon and supported by a whole team.
- Clarify your own values of decision making.
- Hear stories of how we have successfully used the method in different organizations.
- Get an opportunity to reflect on your next steps with 5toFold.
This is a highly experiential workshop. You will actually be guided through a real decision-making process and come out with a plan for your next steps. We know 5toFold can be of great service to humanity and we are dedicated to making it widely accessible.
From the Bored Room to the Board Room
Online Workshop | March 24, 2021 | 9 am – 12:30 pm EST / 15:00 – 18:30 CET (also available for self-study)
‘Change is the only constant’, is a familiar phrase. ‘Change Management’ is another common management term. After having literally grown up with these phrases, our entire worldview turned upside down when we learned from Birgitt Williams, ‘change cannot be managed, we can only learn to navigate through it’.
During this workshop, we will offer you ways to navigate through change by using the simple, yet profound framework from the Genuine Contact Program.
Through the journey of NIIT Foundation’s organization transformation phase as a case study, we will share the power of the Genuine Contact Tools, Whole Person Process Facilitation, and the Genuine Contact Principles. This Genuine Contact way of working enabled our 15+ years old not-for-profit organization first to successfully transform itself starting with a change in mission. And over the last 4 years, with the help of this awareness ‘change cannot be managed’, we have continued to build our capacities as a Genuine Contact Organization (GCO).
What helped us, an organization of around 400 team members, in creating a learning culture? How are we continuing to sustain this life-nourishing and genuine way of working within an organization?
Through this workshop, we intend to share the skills and capacities we developed using the Genuine Contact way of working to navigate through an ever-changing environment. It is our hope that all organizations (irrespective of size), professionals, and individuals can benefit through this transformation process.
Leading from a Place of Truth (Self-Study)
There seems to be something magical in all of us that inspires us to lead our life in our unique way and informs our choices. This special purpose and path that only we have, can become nectar to our soul and our communities – when we acknowledge, live and gift it wholeheartedly.
I unfortunately sometimes get overloaded with tasks, and as a result disconnect from my inner spark and while I might accomplish my to-dos I feel doubtful and exhausted.
Remembering one’s own leadership and purpose is heart and mind opening. Acknowledging our strength and talents and the contributions we are making heals our wounds and rejuvenates us. During the workshop, you will diagnose your personal leadership situation. You’ll (re-)connect to what is true for you – so you’ll lead even more from a place of truth – inspired and vitalized by your own leadership development.
You’ll be introduced to the Four Fold Way by Dr. Angeles Arrien – a holistic perspective on leadership, along with other tools from the Genuine Contact program.
You’ll leave this workshop with:
- a refreshed sense of purpose
- a clear vision of what supports you in your own leadership development
- ideas how to nurture yourself so you can be of service to others
- fresh thoughts to ponder about that spark your curiosity and excitement
- revitalized sense of leadership
The Four Fold Way
Combining four archetypes with principles:
- Show up, or choose to be present. Being present allows us to access the human resources of power, presence, and communication. This is the way of the Warrior.
- Pay attention to what has heart and meaning. Paying attention opens us to the human resources of love, gratitude, acknowledgment, and validation. This is the way of the Healer.
- Tell the truth without blame or judgment. Nonjudgmental truthfulness remains our authenticity and develops our inner vision and intuition. This is the way of the Visionary.
- Be open to outcome, not attached to outcome. Openness and non-attachment helps us to recover the human resources of wisdom and objectivity. This is the way of the Teacher.
~ Dr. Angeles Arrien, The Four Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
Leading so People will Lead (Self-Study Program)
Supporting you in developing your leadership for leading so people will lead
Gone are the days when leading so people will follow is sufficient. As organizations need to become more agile, innovative, collaborative, and perform well within the background of constant change, leaders are learning how to lead in the new leadership paradigm “Lead so People will Lead”.
This may make logical sense to you. A question lingers that this specialty workshop is designed to help you answer. The question that lingers is “am I ready to lead so people will lead?” This question is directly linked to “am I ready to let go of the control I have when I lead for people to follow?”
By participating in Leading so People will Lead, you will increase your capacity to meet the expanded leadership accountability needed in today’s performance environment of constant change. This workshop offers an important step forward in supporting leaders and their organizations to develop in a way to:
- maintain a constant state of adaptability and flexibility
- ensure gender equality
- maintain organization-wide impeccable ethics
- pay attention to economic, social and environmental good while thriving financially
During this workshop, you will be guided to:
- discern the difference between leading so people will follow and leading so people will lead
- develop clarity about your readiness to lead so people will lead and to coach/mentor others in being able to do so
- determine your engagement with pioneering in the new leadership paradigm and what this means to your life and your business
- construct a plan for yourself to assist you in your personal and business transformation
- identify your next best step to guide you in implementation
- create a mechanism for monitoring and adjusting your progress
Meetings that Engage (Self-Study Program)
In this Genuine Contact Specialty workshop, you will learn a practical tool, the Transfer-In, that could be used at the start of a meeting (series) to help participants fully engage in the meeting with the topic at hand. You will experience and learn how this helps participants slow down to be able to go fast, how it reduces typical ‘wastes-of-time’ because of conflict, positioning and other dynamics and how it helps people to be aware of what intention brought them to the meeting.
When people come together to meet around a common purpose or activity, whether in organizations or communities, it should be exciting, energizing and come with great learning. Often though this is not the case. Meetings are felt to be boring, useless and people feel it was a waste of time. People even start to avoid meetings. Now, this is really a waste of the great resource of knowledge and experience that people bring when they meet together.
When we call people to a meeting we should make use of their whole being, all their experience and knowledge. We should invite them fully to allow for the best possible outcome.
Genuine Contact offers a way to fully engage participants in a meeting no matter what the meeting is about or what meeting method you use. In this online workshop, you will learn:
- A deepening of your understanding of the importance of full engagement of meeting participants
- An easy and playful tool to invite participants to fully engage in the meeting
- A key aspect of the Genuine Contact approach to organizational success
Unearthing your Conduct as a Leader (Self-Study Program)
This workshop will provide you with insight into your “conduct” for leading yourself successfully to accomplish your vision. Whether you work within an organization or are the leader of your own business, it is important that the way you act is aligned with your deeper values, purpose, and spirit of intent. When your conduct is consistent each action helps you create what you would like to see in your life and world. When you have developed a conscious awareness of this alignment it will help you in each decision you make as you move as a leader on your path.
During this workshop, originally recorded in November 2019, we will use the Deep Essence Tool from the Genuine Contact program to:
- guide you into clarity about your own conduct to help you see where you are in balance and where you are not.
- draw to your consciousness how to align your conduct to that which you want to bring into the world.
- Deepen your understanding of how your unique conduct is linked to your experience, and become clear on where you may want to make adjustments to help you become more consistent
This will help you to DO Leadership – to develop a consequent set of actions that are consistent with your deeper purpose and vision. It means developing a way to conduct yourself, a way to be that feels in harmony with what you are creating.
The English word Conduct elegantly describes this combination of action harmonized with your deeper values and purpose in the world. Conduct is what helps you to move in new directions when you don’t know what to do. It is what guides you in your difficult decisions when it is unclear which path to choose, it is the set of behaviors, structures, assumptions and values that guide you in daily life. It is something you DO internally and something that is experienced by others who interact with you. When your conduct is consistent with this purpose and vision it acts as a guide you can trust to lead you to the right action. When it is inconsistent you can enter into confusion, this will be experienced by you and those around you.