An integral part of the Genuine Contact way of working is mentoring for ongoing professional and personal development. It is one of the 11 essential components of the Genuine Contact Program. Mentoring is underpinned by key concepts and beliefs of Genuine Contact including:
- working with the blueprint for health that is present in every organization
- using meetings as a catalyst for organizational success
- developing systems for sustaining organizational health and balance that is needed for optimal effectiveness
- working with the belief that change is constant and that ongoing mentoring is one way to develop mastery at working with change
- opportunities for Genuine Contact in all relationships
We offer to mentor within our Genuine Contact community as a forum to learn the art of mentoring and to “walk the talk of mentoring” for both individuals and organizations. Through mentoring, we can all improve our own skills and practices as Genuine Contact professionals. Mentoring circles have been held regularly within the Genuine Contact community since their beginning in North Carolina, USA in 2001. They include an ongoing international mentoring circle online as well as both regional and international events.
Mentoring Opportunities within the Genuine Contact Community
A variety of mentoring opportunities are offered within our Genuine Contact Organization. Many mentoring opportunities are available to anyone interested in Genuine Contact. Some have pre-requisite workshop participation as a requirement when the mentoring is focused on a specific skill set or focus.
Ongoing Online Mentoring Circle
Ongoing International Mentoring Circle for those interested in Genuine Contact - this online mentoring circle has been going since September 2001 and is a place to mentor and be mentored by others interested in Genuine Contact around the world. Sign up to become a member (including the free White level membership) to join "the list" to participate in this ongoing mentoring opportunity.
Realtime Mentoring Opportunities
Get together for real-time conversation with others interested in Genuine Contact:
- In Person Mentoring Circles - regional and international mentoring circles are offered throughout the year.
- Online Mentoring Circles - online mentoring circles are offered by some of our Trainers for specific languages, geographic regions, or for those who have taken specific workshops to continue learning together in how to work with modules of Genuine Contact more deeply.
Find an Upcoming Mentoring Circle
November 18, 2022 | 9am-12:00pm EST | Online
One of the things we believe in all of our training is that having ongoing learning opportunities is critical for learning retention, application of your skills, and continually growing your skills and capacities.
When you have the opportunity to gather with others who have also learned a particular skillset – to share your experiences, wisdom, and insights and to ask questions where you still have more to learn – it offers all participants a possibility for ongoing and deepened learning. As part of our commitment to ongoing learning for your leadership development, you are encouraged to participate in this mentoring circle with a focus on working with Holistic Leadership Development.
Join other past workshop participants to explore emerging issues and opportunities for working with this module of the Genuine Contact program. As part of the mentoring circle, participants will develop an agenda of the topics that they want to explore. Registration is free and open to anyone who has participated in this learning module.