Attending to Your Worldview: The Key to Making Change Successfully
Online Workshop | May 25, 2022 | 9 am – 12:30 pm EDT / 15:00 – 18:30 CEST (also available for self-study)
A worldview, simply defined, is a collection of values, attitudes, beliefs, and expectations that inform thoughts and actions. Your worldview is a big component of what shapes your reality. As a leader, you bring your worldview into your organizational development – shaping your organization according to your worldview too. The better you understand your worldview and the worldview of the people you work with, the more positive the outcomes of your work are likely to be.
- Explore common worldviews and how they can shape your leadership and your organization
- Develop a more clear understanding of your personal worldview so that you can begin aligning your leadership with your worldview…and experience more joy and ease
- Learn to use a simple tool to clarify the worldview of others you are working with and how you can find alignment for better working together from your unique perspectives
When you consciously understand your worldview and those of the people you work with, conflict is reduced, decision-making becomes easier to consciously set out a collective path to the future in your organization. Give yourself the gift of time to make conscious this (often) unconscious driving force in organizational life so that as you shift and change, you always this powerful orientation point.
Board Governance the Genuine Contact Way
Online Workshop | March 23, 2022 | 9 am – 12:30 pm EDT / 15:00 – 18:30 CEST (also available for self-study)
In our work with Non-Profits, it’s common to witness well-intended people of a Board of Directors getting bogged down. Good people become exhausted and conform to a status quo of “this is how we always do it.” Parking lot discussions of “what we should really be doing” amongst a few replace discussions in the Board room. Frustration is high. Often apathy sets in. Good solutions from good people don’t make it to the Board for consideration.
It is possible to turn this around, even quickly. Learn how we use the Genuine Contact way as a holistic approach to support Boards of Directors to perform using the combined wisdom and energy that the members of the BOD bring. The Genuine Contact way provides guidance regarding the implementation of a culture of leadership at the BOD level. This involves the BOD shifting to operating with a leadership model of policy governance.
Key Areas To Be Covered:
- Board Governance/Risk Management
- Creativity, Innovation, Collaboration
- Decision Making
- Improving the Board Meeting
This workshop will support you in making the most of your Board’s contributions to your organization, to improve the vital work that only the BOD is positioned to do, and to do it well. By attending, you will pick up tips, techniques, and knowledge to renew, re-energize, and harvest ideas for working even better together.
Creating a Leadership Support System
Online Workshop | November 24, 2021 | 9 am – 12:30 pm EST / 15:00 – 18:30 CET (also available for self-study)
Many leaders focus on keeping the organization and employees in a healthy and balanced state to effectively use the full wisdom and capacity to get good results. They have implemented a culture of leadership, with means that they work with participative, including and creative methods. They trust that people take leadership and responsibility for what they see is needed in the moment.
When people start acting in line with this approach, leaders will see their roles dramatically change, which could cause struggle and internal and/or external challenges. This is where a Leadership Support System is essential as a way to stay strong and keep to the chosen leadership approach. The system is important both for leaders and organizations since it is created to also support and sustain their new way of working.
In this workshop, you will learn
- What is a Leadership Support System?
- Components to include
- First steps to create your own system
Having a Leadership Support System is like adding support structures and beams when you build a house. You can´t always see them, but they are necessary. When you wish to lead differently, the pressure could be heavy, so you need strong support structures to keep you safe. We will go through the components we have found helpful when we have faced challenges. You will then begin to look at what you need and leave with the first steps of creating your own Leadership Support System.
We have both worked as leaders in different organizations and know what has helped us to not only survive but thrive. We also know what it feels like when you have to abandon your intentions because the pressure from the surrounding is too heavy. This should not happen to you, so the Leadership Support System is a necessary precaution.
Leading from a Place of Truth (Self-Study)
There seems to be something magical in all of us that inspires us to lead our life in our unique way and informs our choices. This special purpose and path that only we have, can become nectar to our soul and our communities – when we acknowledge, live and gift it wholeheartedly.
I unfortunately sometimes get overloaded with tasks, and as a result disconnect from my inner spark and while I might accomplish my to-dos I feel doubtful and exhausted.
Remembering one’s own leadership and purpose is heart and mind opening. Acknowledging our strength and talents and the contributions we are making heals our wounds and rejuvenates us. During the workshop, you will diagnose your personal leadership situation. You’ll (re-)connect to what is true for you – so you’ll lead even more from a place of truth – inspired and vitalized by your own leadership development.
You’ll be introduced to the Four Fold Way by Dr. Angeles Arrien – a holistic perspective on leadership, along with other tools from the Genuine Contact program.
You’ll leave this workshop with:
- a refreshed sense of purpose
- a clear vision of what supports you in your own leadership development
- ideas how to nurture yourself so you can be of service to others
- fresh thoughts to ponder about that spark your curiosity and excitement
- revitalized sense of leadership
The Four Fold Way
Combining four archetypes with principles:
- Show up, or choose to be present. Being present allows us to access the human resources of power, presence, and communication. This is the way of the Warrior.
- Pay attention to what has heart and meaning. Paying attention opens us to the human resources of love, gratitude, acknowledgment, and validation. This is the way of the Healer.
- Tell the truth without blame or judgment. Nonjudgmental truthfulness remains our authenticity and develops our inner vision and intuition. This is the way of the Visionary.
- Be open to outcome, not attached to outcome. Openness and non-attachment helps us to recover the human resources of wisdom and objectivity. This is the way of the Teacher.
~ Dr. Angeles Arrien, The Four Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
Leading so People will Lead (Self-Study Program)
Supporting you in developing your leadership for leading so people will lead
Gone are the days when leading so people will follow is sufficient. As organizations need to become more agile, innovative, collaborative, and perform well within the background of constant change, leaders are learning how to lead in the new leadership paradigm “Lead so People will Lead”.
This may make logical sense to you. A question lingers that this specialty workshop is designed to help you answer. The question that lingers is “am I ready to lead so people will lead?” This question is directly linked to “am I ready to let go of the control I have when I lead for people to follow?”
By participating in Leading so People will Lead, you will increase your capacity to meet the expanded leadership accountability needed in today’s performance environment of constant change. This workshop offers an important step forward in supporting leaders and their organizations to develop in a way to:
- maintain a constant state of adaptability and flexibility
- ensure gender equality
- maintain organization-wide impeccable ethics
- pay attention to economic, social and environmental good while thriving financially
During this workshop, you will be guided to:
- discern the difference between leading so people will follow and leading so people will lead
- develop clarity about your readiness to lead so people will lead and to coach/mentor others in being able to do so
- determine your engagement with pioneering in the new leadership paradigm and what this means to your life and your business
- construct a plan for yourself to assist you in your personal and business transformation
- identify your next best step to guide you in implementation
- create a mechanism for monitoring and adjusting your progress
Unearthing your Conduct as a Leader (Self-Study Program)
This workshop will provide you with insight into your “conduct” for leading yourself successfully to accomplish your vision. Whether you work within an organization or are the leader of your own business, it is important that the way you act is aligned with your deeper values, purpose, and spirit of intent. When your conduct is consistent each action helps you create what you would like to see in your life and world. When you have developed a conscious awareness of this alignment it will help you in each decision you make as you move as a leader on your path.
During this workshop, originally recorded in November 2019, we will use the Deep Essence Tool from the Genuine Contact program to:
- guide you into clarity about your own conduct to help you see where you are in balance and where you are not.
- draw to your consciousness how to align your conduct to that which you want to bring into the world.
- Deepen your understanding of how your unique conduct is linked to your experience, and become clear on where you may want to make adjustments to help you become more consistent
This will help you to DO Leadership – to develop a consequent set of actions that are consistent with your deeper purpose and vision. It means developing a way to conduct yourself, a way to be that feels in harmony with what you are creating.
The English word Conduct elegantly describes this combination of action harmonized with your deeper values and purpose in the world. Conduct is what helps you to move in new directions when you don’t know what to do. It is what guides you in your difficult decisions when it is unclear which path to choose, it is the set of behaviors, structures, assumptions and values that guide you in daily life. It is something you DO internally and something that is experienced by others who interact with you. When your conduct is consistent with this purpose and vision it acts as a guide you can trust to lead you to the right action. When it is inconsistent you can enter into confusion, this will be experienced by you and those around you.